View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 09:16 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundhouse View Post
I bought an amazon battery, it barely has enough CCA to start the bike. try hooking it up to the battery charger and make sure it is 100% "topped off"

If my battery id not fully charged my bike will turn over but not start. Could also be a malfunction in the ignition switch?
It's topped off. I had it on the trickle charger all night. Also, I know the battery works great because it just put it in the '94 Honda Magna 750 that I bought last night. That bike didn't start due to a dead battery. I bought it anyway. I brought it home last night. This morning, I popped that same battery right in the Honda and it started right up. That's a fairly big bike. If that battery can start that bike, then it should definitely start the Apollo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_not_a_honda View Post
Simple stuff first. Mine came with the wires hooked up to the front brake lever rather than the clutch. There is a safety system on it so the "clutch" has to be pulled in to start. Yours may also have a safety switch on the kick stand. I had to move the wires from the brake to the clutch lever. No big deal.

Check that stuff first.
I will take a look...but, I'm not even sure how that is even possible. That seems bizarre. And, what front brake wires? Does the brake just have the tubing for the brake fluid going to it? I can't say for sure if mine has wires going into that lever.