View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 01:09 PM   #6

http://www.pqiamerica.com/

Find a brand that passes PQIA testing, and is in the proper weight according to the owners manual... and try to go with a "Global" Owners Manual... not one that is "only for the US, energy conserving EPA Market"...

Usually a "wet clutch" system can handle conventional or synthetic oil in: 10w-30, 10w-40, 15w-40, 5w-40 (synthetic), and in some cases they like something as thick as a 20w-50 synthetic oil

Most wet clutch systems don't get along with the "Energy Conserving Star" 5w-30 oils... I haven't tested a 5w-30 in our Lifan engine, as it seemed happy on the cheapo Rotella or Super Tech 15w-40 the one time I used them (didn't have my usual 5w-40 on hand) and the rest of the oil changes have been with 5w-40 Rotella

It's only $12 or so for a gallon of Super Tech 15w-40, and $18 or so for Rotella synthetic 5w-40...

Best to go out, buy a brand and weight of oil to test out in your machine... from what I can see... they all have their own "likes, dislikes, and personalities" (just like their owners )

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.