View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #12

ImEasy

ImEasy ,

If you get that shock on E-Bay , and it is actually an 11" and your running a 10" now , it will raise your tail section very high . One inch on the shock strutt will be several inches on the rear tail section. Should be mighty nice for your 6'2" profile . I have the same issue only I am 2" shorter than you, and alot uglier I am sure You WILL have some chain drag on the swingarm while parked or jumping, but I hear that aint no biggy as long as your swingarm has protection and you are running a chain roller too underneath to keep things tight and from skipping off your sprockets .
I went with massive Jumper front ends on both my recent builds , but went with traditional frames , so I had to fabricate the strutts to get it higher for me to sit Horizontal . I ran both 10-1/2" shocks on each build , but I still had to fabricate the strutts to get it where I wanted. You might be ok with the 11" shock all by itself as long as it doesn't hit the backbone of your frame when you raise the bike to instal it . I had that problem on one of my frames . I did one without welding , used flat hardened steel plates and bolts to fabricate it , and can certainly guide you through it if you need that too . If you don't weld, this is a good option and super strong .

Cheers, kelly out