View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 10:57 AM   #3

I have the Coolster 110 and 125 (3125R). As stated both have their quirks. They roll over fairly easy without widening the stance with wheel spacers. They tend to idle rough and die frequently as the existing carbs are non-adjustable. Suspension is very stiff and unforgiving. Steering is also stiff and hard to turn with existing components. Stock battery is weak and causes engine to cut out with the headlights on. Thumb throttle is VERY difficult to use by smaller kids. Plenty of power. Speed control is a great feature.

The 125 can be made more ridable with a few mods. Here are the mods I have made: Keihin carb, Uni air filter, upgraded coil, NGK spark plug, twist throttle conversion with speed control, handlebars with handlebar pad, aftermarket battery. Was going to upgrade the shocks but my boy moved on to a CRF50. ALWAYS run with non-ethanol fuel!!!!

Parts are cheap and easily had. My grandson was riding the 125 at age 5. I like the Coolster machines, but they are unrefined in their stock form.

While I do not have any regrets, I am starting my 4 year old grandson on the Yamaha PW50 with training wheels (dirt bike) as it is much easier to control than the Coolster machines.