View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 07:19 AM   #6

Dan, That was the original plan. Buy it for $650, spend a weekend setting it back to rights and cleaning/polishing/etc, then turn it loose for the $1,800 or so it's actually worth. (Maybe a touch more since it has aftermarket Cobra pipes) Once I got it home and started tinkering, it's kind of growing on both of us. She likes that she can put her feet on the ground from the front seat (that potentially means she'll be able to ride it), and that the back seat has a comfy backrest. All in all, I think this one might stay in the stable after all. For the price, it's tough to beat.

Cheesy, The house is almost done, and I have an absolutely cavernous (relatively speaking for houses out here in Arizona) 3-car garage. There's also a storage area that could have been another bedroom had we selected the option on the floorplan. Once we get into the new place, hiding anther bike might not be that much trouble. Maybe. Shucks, who am I kidding, the toddler is going to rat me out first chance he gets. He's undoubtedly going to want to show Mommy the shiny new toy Daddy brought home and let him sit on. Oh well, guess there are going to be more than a few of those conversations in my future...

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up