View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 05:58 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
Surprisingly I still have the factory turn signals I do have flush mount ones and the integrated turn signal tail light waiting to go on. The mirrors your right got to go. Protaper bars are a huuge improvement as are better tires. V rubber tires that come with most clones are dangerous so be careful if you have those. These are a few items I replaced right away. Now I really don't even pay attention to shift rpm or the speedometer, I just go with the flow. Speed limits around here where I ride are 35- 55
I would eventually like the integrated tail light/turn signal/rear fender eliminator but for now it's ok as long as I dont accidentaly kick the rear signals off when mounting the bike!

I always wondered about Pro-Taper bars. I know they look cool and they have a padded level higher I am guessing to protect you in an accident. I am not too sure if there is another reason they are better bars than stock?

I have stock tires on but I have a spare 12" scooter tire I bought last year link:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008PGL69K...d_i=B008PGL69K and I may check it out to see if it has better tread or save it as a spare but I don't think its a great tire either although maybe ok for good weather not riding fast or cornering hard. I want something like these Pirelli with beefy treads https://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tub...2260&rrec=true.

I don't know what V rubber tire means exactly but I'm guessing it is dangerous in any kind of bad weather or sudden braking situation. I had tires like the stock Vader ones on my scooter last year and wiped out twice going maybe 10MPH or less with wet pavement because I got worried about nearby cars pulling out in front of me. One time the ground was damp and I used both brakes but hard so my rear locked and I slid, fell down spilling gas all over myself. One of the sad parts was I was still 15 feet away from the car even after skidding a little and falling. I guess it happened due to inexperience and I had just hit the gas hard from a stop, saw the car pulling into my path and jammed on my rear brake that I had just tightened before that ride.. but that was very early into my riding experience and I wasnt hurt badly, the worst was the gasoline got on my pants, boxers and started hurting on the ride home lol I thought I was just experiencing delayed soreness at first. Boy did that burn!!!

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me