View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 05:31 AM   #15

Yo Bro

Yo Brother ImEazy ,
Sorry been busy today, would have got back sooner, but well , you know how it is . Had to drop off the Miss's and her Z-28 for a new exhaust system . She is such a motor head

I forgot to mention my special little secret on how to turn that screw didn't I , my bad Oooops !
I use a straight slot screwdriver tip from any multi tipped scredriver set, bit set . Put it in a foot long peice of 1/4 oil line, fuel line , black hose, you know ? Bend it up into where that screw is and start turning . It isn't that hard, but it works good once you have done it awhile .
Tighten the screw all the way in till barely snug, resistance is all you need, then back it out about 1-1/2 full turns . Unfortuntely yours sounds CRITICAL , and you may need that slide adjustment too eventually . It is definately starving for fuel , and probably air too . Depending on how impatient you are you could always just do a slide adjustment too while its off for giggles . Check for intake manifold leaks too while your at it with a can of WD-40 , spray it around the intake manifold connection at carb and at cylinder mount while running and see if it changes idle . If it does, there is the root of your problems , period . Check for leaks before you do anything though , or your spitting into the Ohio wind and that aint pretty from what I hear .

Let us know how it goes ? Count how many turns it was set at too as you start turning it in just so you'll know where it was if you need to go back to it .

Cheers, Kelly