View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 11:20 PM   #13

Glad to hear that you are ok. Crashing Sucks! If you ride long enough, the numbers work against you.

In a previous life, I was a paratrooper in the 82nd. They had a statistician make a formula. If you jump X number of paratroopers, you will have X number of injuries and X number of fatalities. Numbers never lie! The thing they don’t tell you is all the minor injuries you get along the way.

I had my first motorcycle crash when I was 20. Someone pulled out in front of me, I swerved, high sided and went flying. All I got was a small cut in my glove. They were a young family in a mini van. They helped me pick up my Ninja 250 and park it on the side of the road. After they left, it took me a while before I got on my Ninja and rode home.

Now, I’m 50 and work in an OR. Ortho cases are not gentle! They use hammers, saws, drills and screws. I’ve seen people who ran in the rain and fell and broke their elbow. Don’t run in the rain! You dry faster than you heal! I’m amazed by how many people get hurt walking their dog. We had a lady that her dog pulled her and she fell. Her chin and the curb made contact! Yet me and several other nurses still ride our bikes to work!

Point is, Nobody makes it out alive! Measure the risks and work around it!

Enjoy the Ride!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat