View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 01:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusman View Post
Thanks buddy. Can we expect some longevity with this bike?
Those CG clones can last a lot, if you use them correctly... Where i live (Argentina) they are very popular for Commuting, delivery work, etc.
Is not uncommon to see them with 60.000 miles and the engine was never open, just the regular maintenance schedule.

When they break?
When people don't know what they have in the engine bay.
Like i said CG engines are quite popular, either sold with chinese motorcycle or by Honda.
Some people get a small Honda Titan (CG150) and they want to ride it like they are using a cbr600.
A good example of misuse: In Brasil they make a good kit that will take the CG 150 to 230cc. It comes with a new connecting rod, new piston, gaskets, head and a chinese PWK carb. With that kit and a custom cdi, those small engines can reach up to 110 mph... Guess what those engines have a very very very short life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusman View Post
Also, I like the Yamaha XT250
Not worth the Price, it sure has a nice chasis, but engine is somewhat underpowered. Just about 22HP, Honda sells in South American a "XR 250" with 26 hp and is still a far cry from a Japanese true XR 250.

Those chinese 250 which are actually 230cc get about 18hp with some fine tuning you can get about 20 hp