View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 05:26 PM   #18

My new 2018 arrived with bent spokes that caused headshake. CSC fixed my problem, but it took a while to figure out what the issue was and to work through the logistics of taking care of it.

at about 400 miles or so, my rear brake began giving me issues - would only work if I pumped it. I stripped a screw when attempting to bleed the brakes and wound up having to replace the master cylinder.

Once that was replaced, all was good for another 100 miles or so and now the problem is back - but not every time I ride. I'm betting that I still have the original problem but it was just temporarily solved when I replaced the master cylinder.

I ride the bike now just a few times per week for running errands in town and when I run down to the community college where I teach a class a couple of times per week.

I really like the RX3, but my V Strom is my go-to bike for most riding these days. It's a little better suited for the high speed limits on country roads out here and I have a lot more confidence in it. Once you get outside of my town, there is a whole lot of nothing and if you break down, you could be there a while.