View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot newb View Post
I didn't expect poor frame welds. Poor to the point where brackets break off the frame from vibration. I wasn't expecting a defective triple tree preventing the bike from passing State inspection at a legitimate shop. I wasn't expecting it to randomly pop out of gear. The bike I received is a project bike at best. A death trap at worst.

I felt safer riding a modified ATM 50 at those speeds. This thing is a bucket of bolts.
I was just about to delete this comment I made since I went off topic of the specific thread. Again.

You do make some valid points. Like I said, Im hoping my gearbox or whatever part of the power transmission isn't knackered already with only 150 miles on it, at least some of that is probably me learning to shift it and at what rpm, plus I broke half the clutch lever when the bike fell because the kickstand doesn't do it's job well--you need to make sure it "settles" when you put it on the kickstand-it moves an inch or two or it will fall over--and having only half a clutch lever might mean I've been not having the clutch all the way pulled for shifts, not sure but I just ordered a new and better adjustable lever/handle, also the bike's performance either from changing during break-in or a crimped gas/emission line problem Ive had...but I guess maybe I've been lucky or not put enough miles on mine or the Vader could be slightly better quality, only time will tell..

Sounds to me like if your bike is running at all maybe you should put it up for sale to recover what you can while you can and et something else. I still wonder sometimes if I should've spent the money on say a used Ninja 250cc or whatever--I found a Ninja 250 in less than 30 seconds the other day listed as the second search result for $1900, it was about 10 years old I think, under 7k miles--was probably a learning bike but looked in good shape. AND I'm sure I could've found cheaper had I continues looking but I stopped right there.

Only time will tell me if Im happy or get my money's worth at all out of my Vader, so far I'm not sure of that, but I am sure I defend the clones when you say it's a POS partly out of hopiung my overall experience with it after owning it and riding it for a significant amount of time will be a good one, and partly because it hasnt been really bad at all for me yet, some not great stuff but nothing completely broke other than the handle when I let it fall over.

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me