View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 12:07 PM   #99

I'm glad I could make you laugh.

The tugboat model came from here and the throttle wrist rest came from here.

Smallish update on the leaking carb - I believe the float level was too high. When I took off the air filter, the bottom of the rubber intake boot and the foam filter was wet with gas. I had originally adjusted the float so that the seam on the float was level with the bottom of the carb body when the fuel-inlet-valve-plunger-thingy bottoms out (not bottoming out the spring on the plunger, just where the rubber tip touches the mating surface on the carb). Apparently that was too high, so now the float is angled downward roughly 10ish degrees.

The engine started up and idled fine with the new float level. I don't know if it was because the ambient temp was high enough, or the carb was/is overflowing a wee bit, but I was able to start the bike and have it idle with < 1 second of choke. I hadn't tried to start the bike without the choke before, so I don't know if it would have worked before; just a tidbit of info. I forgot to tip the bike side-to-side while running to emulate turning sharp corners at low speeds. The idle smoothed out a little while adjusting the idle air screw.