View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 06:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
The older speedos where even more optimistic... I know a case, where the speedo was telling the rider "80 mph" but i was actually 60 mph.....
A couple of observations...If I may...and I mean no disrespect...

1. I doubting the bike hit over 65mph. And, one reason I think that is that the OP didn't quite keep up with a Uhaul truck towing a car. There's no way that moving truck, pulling a car, was going over 70MPH...let alone 75! I just don't think that's possible. Not only are many of those truck governed, but pulling a car at 70 to 75mph just wouldn't happen, especially if it were loaded. And, the rider of the Brozz didn't quite keep up with that truck. So, I'm thinking the bike topped out at a more realistic 60 or 65mph. I think the OP should test it again with his iphone.

2. The OP said he's riding the bike with stock shipping oil. That seems crazy. I wouldn't care what Bashan said. Even if I had a new car, changing the oil to better oil isn't "bad" for the engine.

3. On a positive note, the bike did seem pretty smooth and capable on the road.

4. To the OP, running that bike on that highway with cars whizzing by you took some balls. Kudos.