View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 11:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
I think your problem is because you are trying to find someone "who speaks English in the sales department". The Portugues don't do business that way, they use a 'facilitator', a person that doesn't exist in the American business way. He is the guy who makes things happen in any of those places in the world that the Portuguese have ever run. ...ARH
It seems that Tashka found an e-mail from someone that works in WGK, speak english and can sell stuff. So megadan can try and see what they reply to him.

People from Brazil are quite prideful of their language and the average people doesn't care to learn any other language. In the rest of south america, we speak spanish, they don't even care about that... So in the end if you want to deal with them. Is much easier to learn to falar portugues.
Then you have small companies, that make parts for small motorcycle, a market that's not really big in the US, so most of the stuff is for the internal market.

What will happen if i send an e-mail to a mom and pop store in the US, asking them question in spanish? Most likely they won't know to write or speak spanish, so they won't be able to reply me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Yeah, but I confuse easily. I don't understand what "they workout the carter to make it a bit bigger" means...ARH

Watch this, it's spanish but you can see what he does with the carter and what i mean