View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 01:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
So another hawk like bike
Lifan's dual sports have been around longer than the Hawk. This site was founded in 2006 or so by Frostbite who was a member of a Yahoo! group called Lifan GY-5 or similar name. He owned 2 of the Lifans, and thought that a forum would be a better place to discuss Chinese motorcycles. I had started a group called Jetmotogroup (after Jetmoto, a San Francisco brand that imported and rebranded Shineray bikes) and me and the other guy who started GY-5 were two of the first groups discussing them. Frostbite wondered out loud about starting this site, and the rest is history. Hensim started selling a bike around 2009 that was one of the first dual-sports from China called a '250' but was really a 223 or 229 or whatever it was, and was one of the first over 200cc Chinabike. That was the Hawk's predecessor. I believe Asiawing had a bike around the time of Chinariders' infancy that was older than the Hensim that sold a '250' dual-sport under the Odes name, but it seemed like a one or two-container bike as no more discussion about them came about. Then again, it seemed to be the same thing with the Hensim bikes a few years after. The Hawk is a very 'new' bike, even though its popularity make it seem like it was always around and was/is the standard that seemingly every manufacturer copied.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard