Thread: Orion rxb 250cc
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 11:11 AM   #12

Took the muffler apart yesterday, very good muffler packing I must say. The end cap consists of two parts welded together, the shiny end cover and actual end piece. It only has a couple of small spot welds holding it together. The end cap has a small length of pipe that inserts into the 38mm perforated tube. I will say, they missed on a few drilled holes for the rivets when installing the end cap...3 of the six holes are drilled right at the edge with little to hold to.

Name:  100_0721[1].jpg
Views: 3240
Size:  34.5 KB

Name:  100_0723[1].jpg
Views: 3400
Size:  31.4 KB

The intake side of the muffler is 51mm, but for only about 2" then funnels down to the 38mm perforated tube. Saying this because my Db killer might be too long to insert. I may have to cut off the part of the Db killer to make it work. Was looking for a way to install spark arrestor screen of some type, also. I have a couple of ideas, one involves brazing some funnel shaped SS mesh screen to the Db killer after it is cut to length. The other is buy the quiet core insert for the LEXX muffler that RockymountainATVMC offers and incorporate it into the end cap. I've done the latter on a pit bike muffler before and it worked well.

Kirk
ps. for some reason this camera will not take close ups.