View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 09:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I do know that both the EPA/DOT and California's CARB have list of approved electric motorcycles. Obviously would not be difficult for electric motorcycles to get approval, but I am guessing that one needs a bike to be on the list to get a title and registration. I would think, however, since it is NOT a vehicle with an internal combustion engine, that it could be imported in a so-called 'gray' way since the idea of the EPA is for emissions, which electric bikes do not have.
To me that is another example of government stupidity, intrusion and over regulation. Epa/dot and carb approved.... On an electric bike. Do any of those wonderful agencies have any involvement or oversight in the weedeater powered bicycles flooding the streets? What are the registration fees out your way for electric vehicles? Here in the people's republic of Chicago they've raised them this year to a flat rate of 248 bucks with the goal of reaching 1000 yearly registration fees within 10 years...additionally the morons are looking at mileage fees for every registered vehicle in addition to doubling the per gallon tax to .39 cents .. I'm sorry but in Illinois it will rather quickly become unaffordable to go 100% electric in your transportation. Which is a shame because I believe there is/was a market for in-town folks to use them...plus I think they are kinda cool..at least the one CSC is selling is.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song