View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 01:37 PM   #869

larryinseattle "Could gas be getting to the oil somehow? Thereby raising the oil level in the crankcase? I think I will just drop the oil and put in some fresh and leave the filter alone until the 500 mile make and change the filter and the oil then."

When changing oil, put in 1.7 quarts. The oil in the window raises and lowers so don't go by that necessarily. The RX3 has 2 oil pumps and the oil level in the window all depends on how long it has ran. So read the tutorial and I believe it says something about starting it for so long, shutting it off and then putting the bike upright to check level in window. It's been a few years since I read it as mines a 2015.
As far as gas ,antifreeze getting into the oil to raise the level, this was a big concern back in 2015 when the bike was new and we didn't understand why the oil level would go up and down and assumed they had problems with gas getting into oil. NOPE
On my bike I put in the 1.7 quarts with filter change and never hardly check it until next oil change. rj