View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 02:12 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
I would have been happy to get the rear brake working for you (or the previous owner) before that long and slightly dangerous ride up and down the mountain without it...
Thanks! I know I'd be glad to help anyone I could with whatever I could too. FYI, I didn't attempt the mountain with the missing rear brake, I made sure the brake was working before trying that. The brakeless ride was from Denver down to Colorado Springs, and it was done at night so there was really no traffic anywhere, so even though I'd prefer never to ride anywhere without functional brakes, I believe the risk was adequately contained.

Quote:
I could have hooked you up with some Neutra 131 for the fuel system cleaner/upper cylinder lube to keep the engine clean and lubricated on the break in. In my tests/experience Neutra works a heck of a lot better than Lucas (nothing wrong with that Lucas fuel treatment with PIB)
I got the Lucas at the recommendation of CSC, and frankly I was astonished by the ratio of positive reviews on Amazon too, I mean, what product has a 4.5-star rating after 2,000 reviews? So I figured it'd be all right, but I'm glad to hear there's a potentially even better alternative!