View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 06:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
you have discovered what I did. 250 just don't quite get it for trips like this. I'm watching/waiting for a 400 or 500 that will fit what I really want to do in the future.
There's nothing really out there that quite pushes all the right buttons. The RX3 is so close on so many things, but it just needs more engine. I was very interested in the Royal Enfield Himalayan with its 411cc engine and its gobs of torque, and had pretty much made up my mind to buy that ($4500 MSRP plus fees and taxes) when I stumbled across the auction for this RX3 and couldn't pass it up. I found out later that the Himalayan is slower than the RX3 even...

The Versys 300X is the closest to what I want, a nimble lightweight that can hit highway speeds, but it's literally 2x to 3x the price for only another 50cc. If they make a Versys 400, or a Himalayan 650, then those would be very interesting indeed.

Benelli makes a 500, but it's massively heavy for its power, and I want a light bike, light for picking up by myself on the trail in the mud.

I'm keeping an eye on the Moto Guzzi V85 TT also. It's not as expensive as the Triumph or BMW options, should have decent power, and has an awesome retro look to it. And it's not overly heavy. But it's pretty tall, at 32.7 inches it's probably 2" taller than the RX3.

Not much out there for us short-inseam riders...

Quote:
Love the look of the Harley too!
Thanks! Very happy with how it turned out.