View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 06:40 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working_ZS View Post
For gearing, definitely get the 13T front if you keep the engine stock. I replaced my 14T with the 13T, kept the stock 44T rear on mine and now top out around 65-70 MPH on level ground with no headwind; going higher in the rear will reduce that, so be aware of it, since you are looking for more top speed, not less. If you install a big bore kit, then I don't know that you will need any sprockets changes, since the added torque should allow you to pull stock gearing just fine. This will give you more, top speed wise, than shorter gears will.
That's the debate. Will the engine do what I want, or will I need lower gearing too, and I don't want to go too low.

So I'm thinking of getting both the 13t front and the 46t rear, with the 283cc engine. I'm hoping that the 283 plus the stock front sprocket and the 46t rear will be a good solid highway combination, and then when I get to the destination I can swap out the 14t front for the 13t and have more pull up hills and mountains, where top speed isn't necessary anymore.