View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 04:22 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
So, no problems plating it at DMV???? I'm always leery when the websites say CARB Approved. Sometimes that's only green or red sticker for dirt.....but they don't tell you that.
when I spoke with the rep at saferwholesale they said yes, it is able to be registered for on road use in California.
I just need to fill out a REG 343 form and bring it along with my MSO

I'll update any issues with DMV bureaucracy

text from dmv website*

When a new vehicle is sold by other than a California dealer and the vehicle has never been registered or titled in any state or country, the following are required:
  • A properly completed Application for Title or Registration (REG 343).
  • The Manufacturer's Certificate/Statement of Origin (MCO/MSO) properly endorsed to the purchaser. Bills of Sale are acceptable in lieu of endorsement(s) on the MCO/MSO.
  • A vehicle verification, unless the vehicle qualifies for a verification exception (see below).
  • Weight Certificate for a commercial vehicles less than 10, 001 pounds unladen.
  • If the vehicle weights 10,000 lbs or more, or is a trailer in the PTI program, the estimated unladen weight is required and may be shown on a Statement of Facts (REG 256).
  • Declaration of Gross Vehicle Weight/Combined Gross Vehicle Weight (REG 4008).
  • Completed and signed by the owner for a commercial vehicle weighing 6001 pounds or more unladen (not required for pickups).
  • A smog certification, if appropriate.
  • The fees due from date of first use in California.