View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 09:03 AM   #44

I can appreciate the work of tracking down an EFI conversion and it’s great to upgrade any parts on the Hawk. But how reliable is a more complicated gray market system at what benefit over a carb. We don’t get emissions checked. Maybe a few more miles per tank. The carb is foolproof super simple to repair and a replacement is sub $20. I’ve seen the carb models of China bikes on back order this summer and I’d assume it’s cause the pending EFI release. If I had a choice I’d go carb. Even if this was a Japanese bike. It’s like trying to make ice cubes more complicated.

Keep it simple stupid and I’ll get home when I’m over 10 miles off pavement roads.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!