View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 08:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons View Post
Tried to Vermont register my 1982 CT110. Was told that because it's a dual sport it would need a Vermont safety inspection first.

Any suggestions? Should I just send the paperwork anyway hoping whoever handles the paperwork won't catch it?

Background story: Purchased the bike from a grounds maintenance worker on an 800 acre church compound. It has been used on the compound since new. It has not been registered since 1993. The fees are $743.00. Once the bike stopped being registered it was just transferred ownership on the spot with no paperwork and the last registered owner is nowhere to be found. I knew all this and went for it, thinking I could do the Vermont option.

I live 15 minutes from the local VT DMV office, sounds like someone was giving you a story to me. if it is a 2004 or earlier you don't need a title or MCO just a bill of sale. PM me and I might be able to help.

I register crazy stuff all the time and all VT cares about is that it has a serial number and you pay the 6% tax - I registered a 1982 Ural 375D 6x6 military truck, their VIN's start with 000001 and work up to about 65,000 I have number 55,400 or so. The DMV just wanted my certificate of origin and 6%.

the safety inspection is required for all vehicles registered in Vermont - within 15 days of registration. However if you don't live in Vermont then you cannot get one done really.