View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 04:58 PM   #14

Thanks for all replies

@Wild Dog
Yep, bought it last December. Was burning a little oil and compression was decreased. Wasn't running all that bad before but since runs great. I hoped it would solve spitting oil through breather but it did not. It doesn't spit much and thought about using longer breather hose (current have about 10cm) or that maybe oil is not dense enough.

I tuned carb so it run the best. Had great throttle response and all, but it was tested only in city (so up to about 40mph). Then when I went on trip to another town I believe that engine was overheating due to lean condition (clean spark plug with discolored ring, as if from high temperature), which was redeemed by lowering needle clip. It seems to run worse so I suspect that main jet may be too lean.
But the point is, that with lean condition fuel consumption was still above 4,2l/100km, so it's unlikely that bigger jet will help with that, unfortunately.

What do you think about old rubbers? Could it matter much? Also my rear wheel is suspected of being tilted a little, could that change a lot?