View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 11:35 PM   #8

Dusman thanks for the positive review on the videos!

Wlfpk, the Xf250 uses the same 249cc engine (GS250) as the Suzuki TU250x in carb'd form. The company that makes it claims to have some strong ties to Suzuki. Engine and trans parts are interchangeable. Plastics, tank, seat, etc might be interchangeable with DR stuff but I'm not really sure. There are a ton of sources for parts though, but lately SSR has improved their parts inventory and I'm getting parts in 5 business days from my local parts store/shop and I feel better supporting them.

I need to do another vid soon since I just added an Amazon pipe which sounds pretty cool and gave me a little bump in power I was able to set a new record of 83 mph last week which was sketchy! The Shinkos I have like to follow the ice grooves big time. I'm going to be hitting 25,000 miles in the next month or two at the rate I'm going.

Update: Just did a long overdue valve adjustment (7,000 miles yikes) and little to no adjustment needed. Still does 70 all day long and doesn't burn oil.

I would buy one again in a heartbeat assuming I can get the price under the 3 grand mark.