View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 07:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSport View Post
Just got one pre-assembled from TX. It has the gas tank and clutch problems too.. As was said earlier the clutch rattle is probably gonna be a big problem..

The EFI is a SBC with inline injector and two sensors. I haven't looked at chips to find flash and debug protocols yet. They likely don't use a signed loader on the ECM so it's not gonna be hard to mod the firmware with a bin patching solution over I2C, JTAG, UART or whatever they use..

I'm probably going to keep this and just sale off all my other RPS bikes the QA is slightly better than 2016 and I'd rather deal with carb tuning only on my other bigger bikes.. I'm interested in the 6000RPM firmware issue, though..
http://bitedit.ru/en

Search the RX3 section on EFI - same ECU and many other bikes and stationary engines use it.
Delphi MT05 or MT 05.2
AJP, PR5 also use this type and so did Harley Davidson back 20 years ago - there are a couple of versions of ECU and many programs to suit differnt bikes of course.

It is a small engine up to twin cylinder EFI system and often ONLY the ECU is Delphi but other parts are from companies making compatible thottle bodies and or sensor etc - fairly common