View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 01:26 AM   #1

2018 Apollo 125 Auto ATV stalls no start, no spark

Today I did my usual starting/running of the ATV. Start it, let it idle, then run it around the block. As I pulled into the driveway the ATV just shut off. I checked my fuel level it was good, tried to restart and no fire. I pulled the spark plug, and did not have spark. I check all visible wire connections, found nothing obvious, cranked again, and had spark. Installed the plug back into the ATV, it fired right up, I did a couple forward and reverse shifts to do a test drive, and it shut off right when I put it in reverse. Pulled the plug no spark again. Swapped the plug, got it to start. I jiggled all the wires I could grab to see if I had a bad connection, and nothing. I got the ATV to start, and just shifted through the gears (forward, neutral, reverse), and the ATV stalled this time when shifting into neutral.

I checked the kill switch, and the tether kill switch. Both operate good, and the connections on the kill switch are good. I pulled the stator cover and the sprocket covers to see if there were any open/pinched wires. All looks good there too. I am going to check the stator tomorrow to verify I have good voltage going to the CDI.

Does this sound like a CDI going bad?

The ATV is in like new condition with about 2 1/2 hours on it.