View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 11:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pom Racing View Post
What stabilizer do you use?
A small list of stabilizers (or company/brand names that have fuel cleaners/stabilizer mixes for sale) that seem to work for at least one year when added to the fuel... I have a few engines that have a Nuetra/Star Tron/2 stroke oil doped gas that has to be at least 5 years old*... they start and run every time I need to move the vehicle/yard equipment

Sta-bil Marine formula, "SeaFoam", Schaeffers Nuetra 131, Star Tron, Biobor, Yamalube, K100, some of the higher priced "2 stroke oil" contain stabilizers (about 1 ounce into 4 to 5 gallons for most 4 stroke engines), BG, Amsoil, Quick Silver/Mercury, CRC, Gold Eagle... the list goes on forever... probably easier to ask if the brand you like to use works as advertised

* Used to "rotate" my lot full of old vehicles every year or so for road use... with my gut issues it was easier to keep my 20 to 30 year old, 200 to 350k mile vehicle(s) maintained when I had a year (or 5+ ) to get it ready for a DD ... 1995 Eagle Talon with 34x,xxx miles has been waiting for service for a little too long... "soon my pet, I will feed you the world"

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.