View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 09:17 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Once again, I'm in the minority here but I still don't see the advantage to a more complex EFI system, over a gravity-fed carb on such a small engine, other than maybe CARB or EPA regs.

People make such a big deal over tuning a carb, when it's not tough at all. Heck, my neighbor left his TT250 stock, except for the EBay pipe, and it runs perfectly.

On the other hand, my RX3 with it's injection, leaves me at a total loss for tuning or engine mods other than the cylinder kit. It's very frustrating. No reflashes readily available or anything. It still likes to occasionally stall and I can't do a damn thing about it. If it was a carb, I would have had it fixed long ago.

NZ- You keep saying how what we get here is old tech in China. You should start a thread on all the newest latest bikes that are available there for the masses, with pics, pricing and specs. That would be awesome reading for us.
For people who don't want to adjust jets and mix while touring or on season changes.. As far as I know EFI dual-sport market is so expensive nobody touches it, so this is just a easy-tune cheap bike thing..