View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 10:28 PM   #1

Doh! Carb/Tuning Issues....HELLLLPPPPP

Hi everyone! I have a Bashan Storm 250 that is about 6 months old. I am very new to motorcycles and working on engines. I replaced the intake with a K&N style intake and was told I should re-jet the carb. I replaced the stock "main" 105 jet with a 110 jet. While I had the carb off, I decided to watch MotoCheez's tuning video. He suggested to modify the idle mixture as well. Mine looks different but I'm ASSUMING the below picture shows that. Well, I got distracted half way through and have no clue where it was stock and where I should put it back to. Also, it's a complete bitch to turn, is there a special tool for it or something? Pliers are definitely NOT ideal!

Anyway, I put the bike back together, getting it to start/idle is now difficult and giving it ANY gas makes it bog out and die. It runs somewhat alright on half-choke but still doesn't work right. Does anyone have any clue what I screwed up?? Should I put the 105 jet back on? I live slightly below sea level, btw. Please HELLLLPPPP! I don't know what I'm doing!!! Thanks!