View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 10:07 PM   #8

Yes, but I am not sure how much of sticklers California law enforcement is. I understand CHP are sticklers, but not sure about other departments. What I mean by stickler is you will raise 'red flags' by having a California license and Arizona license plate and registration. You will have to convince the officer (and possibly a judge if you received some sort of 'fix-it-ticket') that you have a residence out of state. I do know my sister's boss has or had a home in Las Vegas, and his vehicle is registered in Nevada, yet lives in the L.A. area.

That being said, you might have bought one of the CARB legal versions. There were a certain number of them available for sale. Link what dealer you got it from. You might even be able to get a refund, although I am sure it would be difficult to impossible. But, I would have no problem letting you use my address. I am guessing you would have to travel to Yuma to register it. Then again, you could use the Montana or Vermont route. I am not sure which one, or possibly both, allow it to be done by mail.

The one loophole for getting non-CARB bikes registered is if one lived out of California, and then moved to California and got a license and registered vehicles there. If you were to register your bike at my address, I don't think they would buy the argument of moving. I guess you could continue to ride it with an Arizona plate if your bike is a non-CARB compliant version.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard