View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 10:17 AM   #5

Update

Well, I didn't want to go into the motor. I had a rocker arm snap on me on the road. It ended up rubbing the cam almost round on both lobes before snapping the rocker. I'm guessing lack of oil caused it, (it was probably my fault for running it like I did. ). Upon disassembly I noticed quite a bit of sealant in the oil feed(around head studs) and in the channel. Not much metal was found other than dust suspended in the oil(cam) and two small chunks and the two halves of the rocker. No cyl scoring. Had the head decked 1mm, ported, and a valve job thinking maybe valve stem clearance. Reassembled with the smallest amount of rtv(maybe 0.5mm thick.) No leaks, but it was running quite a bit lean.

It's running pretty good now. Rejetted, installed a 34tooth rear sprocket I machined from a blank. That's 25% lower gearing than stock. That gives me about 60mph@~6000rpm, which makes me feel much better taking her on the interstate. I also installed a howdytubr programmable cdi. Other than the terrible instructions, all went well. I still need to tune the cdi, but it's much better.