Thread: $5895 for RX4
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 07:10 PM   #160

I put a few more miles on my RX4. I will compare to my RX3 since many of us are familiar with it so it makes a good benchmark. The RX4 front brakes are smooth and powerful. Much better than the RX3. The rear brake is good with the ABS and will not lock up like my old RX3. The power and fuel economy on the RX4 are both better. The RX3 is maxed out on the freeway sucking gas, while the bigger RX4 is cruising and sipping gas at a reasonable 6000 rpm or less.

On the RX4 it is easier to find Neutral even while stopped with engine running. The clutch lever seems slightly easier to operate on the RX4. The gas gauge appears to be more accurate on the RX4. The RX3 gas gauge stays on 4 bars forever, then drops quickly thru 3, 2 and 1 bar. I do not see this issue on the RX4 which seems much more linear.

Another pic of my luggage. Nanuk top case was around $100 special deal. It was originally fitted with custom foam cut out to carry some fancy drone. When this drone was no longer popular, they dumped the over $300 cases cheap. I grabbed one, trashed the custom foam and bolted it to the RX4. The side cases are from Eylar at about $30 each special deal close out.
Attached Images