View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 08:27 AM   #15

Things I noticed after .040 was nocked off and the ports were opened up. It finally kick started easily. The starter motor has a workout now as it passed the compression stroke at TDC. The exhaust note at idle and at RPM was cleaner you can really hear it breathing now and no crack/pop on idle. It also feels like it added 1/4 of the bikes HP range. And you WILL be rejetting for you carb guys. Valves needed to be readjusted. Head gasket was reusable. Porting tossed metal chips EVERYWHERE, head cleanup was a bitch so over to a bath in the ultrasonic tank.

If you are comfortable popping an engine head off and have basic hand tools be clean and methodical and you can do this too. Tho you’ll have to earn it - it’s one of the best mods you can do on a Hawk. I worked slowly and it was a 7 hour Sunday job start to finish. Decked & Ported.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!