View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 12:00 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
The appeal of the RE250 was never really about top speed. Performance wise they make close to the same power, so there never was going to be any big increase out of the box.

The appeal comes from the counter balancer (smoother) the OHC engine (More useable spread of RPM to work with) and the 6spd gearbox's 6th gear to allow the use of a shorter gear ratio with the sprockets to maintain off road capability while also having better highway gearing when needed.

The other appeal is the OHC engine has better hop-up potential if you decide to try and get a bit more power out of it.

In the end though, the basic reality is that it is still a 230cc-ish air cooled single.
Everything you mention it's the same with a Chinese 250 DOHC

Even there is the 200 OHC that has the same output that the RE250, also 6 speed with plus that it is a direct drop in to the frame that hawk and brothers use.

It's in spanish, but nothing to hear, just the tear down of the engine.

At least from my point of view i was a bit disappointed with the RE250 i was expecting a bit more.
Can it be upgrade to perform much better? Sure, i even think that the RE250 with a fine tuning and mods can push the 70 mph without issues.