View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 10:28 AM   #10

I may have a few pics of some changes I made to a small sidecar which could help you. PM me an email. likely better to deliver it that way.

you really need 4 mount points for best service. two lower and two upper. they should be on the frame and not on the swingarm. you can buy a kit which has pinch-mounts and bars to connect the sidecar to the bike. I generally don't recommend the pinch type, but for a small light bike and sidecar, it should be fine.

I have some pics of sidecar suspension and swingarm ideas if you decide to make them yourself. I sourced a few parts from a guy at Motorvation sidecar company which helped me to build something strong enough for a larger bike.

wheel lead of the sidecar should be about 6 to 8 inches ahead of the rear hub. alignment of the sidecar to the bike should be considered too.

I'm a member of ADV Riders. on that forum, there is a section for hacks. much of what you would see there is overkill for what you want, but there's also some good info on frame design and construction. It's really a lot more simple than you would think. a few hours in a good shop and you could have it....as long as you have parts you'll need.

if you also look on the web for some of the smaller bikes/sidecars, you will find some off-the-shelf ones that may work for what you need. Depends on how much you want to spend on it. they are not really easy to come by on the used market.