View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 01:41 PM   #15

Location: Living in SE Ohio for now. Good weather, some nice people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
The DLX 250 isn't a true 250cc, and depending on the speeds you're hoping to maintain, it might be better to look at another brand, perhaps GPX? They're Chinese made, but they seem to use top shelf stuff, and they have an air cooled dirt bike that is a true 250, and also a liquid cooled 250 that's fuel injected, if a bit pricier, which has the same motor as the RX3. They're twice the bike of anything Japanese offered at the same price point: https://gpxmoto.com/

TRUE, 230ccs do not make a real model 250. I've tried to find out from owners if their registration says 230 or 250. Around here there are highways restricting bikes under 250cc and your license endorsement is restricted as well.
Thanks for the link.
I had looked into these a while back but did not consider them only because they are not sold as street legal. I'll have to revisit the information with the idea that a street kit can be used. Most of the vintage bikes I've been considering will also need a street kit so it's a great suggestion. The first thing I noticed is the unobstructed lines under the frame. Bet I can hop a log without bending or breaking something.
Lots of things made in China are not made for Chinese companies. Honda bikes are made in China. It's when the Chinese are left to their own to engineer, design, select materials and levels of quality assurance that we get inferior products. And you thought just Americans were greedy.

STAY CALM STAY FOCUSED STAY ALIVE.