View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 02:25 PM   #19

Location: Living in SE Ohio for now. Good weather, some nice people.
I'm subscribed to Motocheez. He's enlightened me a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooDog View Post
I'm in pretty much the same boat as the thread op here.. Started out with a layaway on a 125cc Pit Bike.. Then I started looking into DS bikes. My work commute is 25 miles one way and my car just gulps too much petrol. I like the idea of being able to flick off the rural backroads and hit a few trails every now and then. A small displacement DS is a way better choice for my particular needs. I've owned a couple chinese scooters with pretty good luck. Super easy to work on and damn reliable for what they are. Part of the fun for me is turning the wrench, so a Chinese DS is a smart buy. Stock up on loctite!
Now I'm down to which one to get.. These boards are a wealth of information. JerryHawk250 has a great channel and I've been checking out Motocheez as well.

I'm really thankful for these content providers on youtube. I've watched several videos on these budget bikes and have learned a lot from the reviews. Some owners torture these bikes far more than I probably will and still put in a good word for dependability. It's those reviews that have me now considering buying a Chinese bike. When I hear about tire and tube trouble that could have been avoided with the inclusion of rim locks or, broken spokes because their too thin and stretchy and probably weren't all tightened at the factory and, all the disassembly, reassembly and checking I'm going to have to do before the first ride and subsequent rides, I start to question. Then I end up on a forum, asking questions.

Thanks for the info, I'm glad I got to hear that you have had some pretty good luck with these.

STAY CALM STAY FOCUSED STAY ALIVE.