View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 10:36 AM   #10

Seriously, it came with a 40 slow jet? I've never seen that in a Mikuni clone.

I believe the idle screw to be in too far. The screw mates with the ramped portion of the base of the slide, causing the slide to lift as you tighten the screw (replicating what happens when you turn the throttle). Back it out completely and then turn it in a bit, just to lift the slide a little. Once you get it to run properly, you can set the idle speed to whatever you wish. BTW, that's an excellent way to confirm that the slide is in properly; the ramp on the slide must line up with the idle screw.

I'm with Darth on the pilot mixture screw; I'd start with 1.5 turns out from gently seated. I'm also at sea level, and I've never been successful with less than 27.5 slow and 110 main. Once you improve the breathing, it needs even more.

I was also talking about the choke spring. It should swap from the Keihin to the Mikuni without any fuss. Glad to hear you found a solution, whatever that is.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer