View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 05:50 PM   #33

Well that`s a bit of a double edged sword... The better you get with welding the less you generally have to grind, but yea welding small OD thin wall pipes together with a MIG rig no matter how expensive there will be cleaning up to do (I`m spoiled with a Kemppi MinarcMig EVO 200 which is a fully automatic digital unit, you only enter what material you are welding and the thickness and the machine does all the math. The guy at the shop did a tremendously good job selling the thing to me when I walked into the shop saying hi I need a welding rig but I don`t know how to weld, and the guy said never worry this machine does.)

Got started with the fog light circuit (since you know, we all got handlebar switches and relay sockets laying around gathering dust just in case right?) but got robbed of ability to think by a very persistent headache which I`m still nursing writing this so didn`t get far today. Still gotta finish welding the exhaust and rewiring the engine kill/start buttons before test firing as the connectors for those seem to be different in the new wiring loom and what I have dangling off the quad.
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 `07 Streetfighter-quad