View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 02:52 PM   #10

Thank you for the advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post
Pugg330...my bike (CSC TT250) is strictly street, so the tires may not apply.

* Continental GO! tires 90/90/21 front, 120/90/18 rear.
* Coleman-Maddog panniers, these are discontinued, but still available on ebay or Amazon for $50-$75. Nice size 15Lx10Hx6D . Don't worry about hot exhaust...at least on the TT250 it is just warm to the touch..not enough to melt a bag. I put a steel bar straight down from the left rear turn signal to hold that side off the wheel/spokes.
* BigAnt collapsible milk crate mounted to the 4 bolt holes behind the rear seat...at least on the TT250. I took the covers from the panniers and use them to cover this when collapsed. Open, it is 17Wx13Dx13H...big enough for 2 12-packs and some more stuff. The photo is groceries for 3 for a week. I now distribute between heavy stuff pannier, lighter stuff milk-crate.
So how did you mount the milk crate? is there a plate in the bottom to hold the bolts? Or did you just bolt it straight on? and as for the panniers, i have an exposed tailpipe and a good highway trip to do to get to the groceries would that hurt the bags? Im also curious on tank bags aswell just to keep some tools on hand. I should also mention my tailpipe sits up under my rear fender closer than the TT250's more like the hawk 250's, so would that change my options at all?

Last edited by pugg330; 02-07-2020 at 02:57 PM. Reason: clarification