View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 11:18 AM   #34

Haven`t posted much although been in the shed almost every night, mainly trying not to re-enact the famous garage fight scene from the movie House of flying spanners... Here`s where I`m at right now:

-There`s no wiring diagram available anywhere for these things (at least one I`ve managed to find)

-Not that it would have helped me much as the wire colors of the new wiring harness do not match the ones on the quad.

-The new wiring harness has been wired... to clumsily translate a Finnish saying, "towards ass". I literally had to explode the remains of the old harness to find out which wire is supposed to go where.

-The engine kill wire was hooked up as the positive for the horn

-There`s one wire that has switched power but is not used so I`m guessing that`s what`s supposed to power the horn.

-The horn negative is wired straight into ground so if I wire it like that it`ll scream bloody murder whenever the power is switched on, still haven`t gotten to figuring out where the horn wire DOES go and rather not push the button to find out

-The engine start circuit was wired so that if I pressed the start button without the brake pulled the lights would go out, and the brake pulled in the brake light would light up, but only if the start button is pressed.

-There`s still one wire that`s coming from the gear sensor and has switched power UNLESS the reverse gear is selected. At first I thought this was supposed to power the start relay but it only has 10v and too little amps to trip the relay so still got no idea what, if anything, that is for.

As can be seen from the pic I wired the switch gear through superseal connectors but at that point got my head mixed up badly enough that I wired the connectors wrong so gonna have to re-re-re-re-redo those one more time...

So yea it`s been a fun week but now the start button does indeed trip the start relay, and only does it when the brakes are applied as it should be.

Still waiting on my rear brakes though, going on six weeks now... The DPD parcel tracker does show the package has left Meppel NL 31.1. but for some reason shows up in Oirschot NL two days later which is on the opposite side of the country and nowhere near Eindhoven where the airport is. Just sent an email to ALG-Moto if they`d kindly ask DPD where the hell is my package and why is it still not here. Slowly starting to run out of humor with that one...
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 `07 Streetfighter-quad