View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 07:44 PM   #14

Welcome, Abramelin! Whatever you decide, I'll certainly be following. I've had hillbilly ideas of supercharging with a smog pump, but as you say, the drive pulley presents a challenge. I'm pretty sure that it would be easy to mill a hole in the stator cover and fit it with a seal, but the connection of a shaft to the flywheel / crank makes my mind into a pretzel. I had a nap instead.

A turbo presents challenges as well, but none of them insurmountable. I bought a book on it and it'll be my next read; the prelim info points to pressurizing the bowl through the vent to compensate for increased air velocity and volume. Sounds easy enough. I'm a neophyte when it comes to turbos, but I've learned that a blow-through setup is preferred, to prevent puddling in the turbo and plumbing. Sounds logical.

Wringing out a CG with forced induction makes me giggle. As you pointed out, the cost of ownership and repair (even after catastrophic carnage) is quite affordable. Seriously, skip going out for coffee and use that cash for parts.

If I had decent access to e85, I'd be all over it. I read quite a bit about it when it first hit the market, and I love the idea of gov't subsidized race fuel. The average seems to run between 105-110 octane, which would certainly help thwart detonation (combustion chamber inefficiencies aside).

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer