View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 11:17 AM   #161

New tank went on well. I should have a pic right,... lemme find some,..(in case anybody wondering how tank mounts)

front mount

back mounts

reference no tank

new tank

The difference was that the sender unit mount has welded on nuts compared to studs on the original. Other than that was exact same. Rep for Jerry on that one! Thx again.

After this, back to riding and became harder and harder to start. I think I'm at 2800 miles now. Push started it one day and it started so easily. After that I push started without even trying starter. Annoying but whatever,... I didn't care that much.

Then last week, went to start and fired up, cruised down the street and kind of faded out, died. Restarted and seemed like it was, gasping. I don't know how to explain it. Stalled and I pushed it home. In garage I looked it over, cleared my drain tubes that get clogged with that gooey white shi@ and started up again. Ran in the garage at 7000 for a bit, cut it off and checked plug which looked great.

Allright? I hop on and test it and it dies about 200 yards down the street. Start again and more gasping. Irritated I push home and take Jeep to work.

Since then I've only used a spark tester and it was questionable to where I need to check that again. I barely put a new mikuni on it a few weeks back and don't too much suspect it.

Been putting R1 back together, riding 500 and little bike is waiting for some attention. Any ideas? Thanks for any tips! Funny how I have a love/hate relationship with this bike. Sometimes want to set it on fire, other times want to tell everybody I talk to how great it is. haha