View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 09:09 AM   #2

Looks like we aren’t the only incompetent outfit out there. Our Canuckistani branch bought four very complicated specialized trucks from an outfit in BC. They sold one to an equipment leasing company in Ohio, who in turn leased it to Canadian Pacific. It ended up in my neck of woods.

The truck worked for less than one day. Because it is in my backyard it became my problem. Sh!t.

To make a very long story short, some dipshit, in a cost cutting move, replaced a NEMA weatherproof electrical box with a European style box that wasn’t weatherproof. The clown that wired it ran all the cables in from the low side of the box. No real issue there, but the cables went into the strain reliefs only up to the compression seals instead of a 1/4”, or so,
past the end of the strain reliefs. The box filled with water and froze, damaging all the cables in the process.

Guess who was elected to fix it. I’ve been raising hell about that.

The engineers are pissed at me because “I have a bad attitude.” The customer is pissed and wants to send the truck back to the leasing company. The leasing company is screaming at the Canadian branch, and the Canadian branch is threatening to sue the manufacturer. Add to this, there were at least three entities involved in the build and all have taken shortcuts in one form or another,or tripped on their own dicks and caused more delays in getting this thing fixed. Apparently, all four of the trucks are suffering from the same issue.

BTW, I am in the Send It Back camp. I think that may give some upper management types the kick in the nuts they need.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts