View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 04:44 PM   #8

So I'm looking to swap out to one of the Mikuni clone carbs as the stock is running super lean and bogging/dying as soon as I give it any throttle and if I'm going to mess with it, might as well replace the whole thing.

Question though: I was planning on getting a carb that also comes with the air filter that runs directly off the side of it, what do you do with the hose to the airbox then and do you just let the airbox just be there and open, do I close it off somehow? There's also another tube that goes from the airbox down to another part of the engine, how does that affect it? Do I remove the airbox completely? Any help is appreciated. I've watched a ton of videos but I can't seem to find one that does a good job installing one. Or should I just buy a carb that I use everything else stock on the bike?

I'm pretty illiterate to motorcycle lingo so it's ok if you answer like you are telling a 10 year old. lol.

EDIT: Side note, my spark plug tips keep turning black which usually would indicate it's running rich, correct? So frustrating. lol.

Last edited by whitelightning85; 03-08-2020 at 04:55 PM. Reason: forgot info