View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 02:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
The valve adjustment procedure is a little different than the Hawk. Clearance will be the same. Do not attempt to remove the valve cover. You will have to remove the two round caps on the valve cover to access the valve adjusters. I was able to do mine without removing the tank but the intake vales are a pain to get to. If you haven't much experience in valve adjustment you will save yourself a lot of frustration by going the extra step of removing the tank. Many curse words came out my mouth only to find my valves were pretty close to spec. lol It's a good thing that tinkering around with these engine help relax my mind. You might be okay until you get a few miles on it.
On my next oil change I will check them after I get some hours on the engine. The fairing is easy to remove and reinstall. I've probably done it 3 times already. This past weekend I removed it to replace one cracked panel that I missed when inspecting for shipping damage. Venom was quick to send out a replacement.
Is removing the tank pretty straight forward? Any tips on that? I’ve never removed a motorcycle tank nor have I checked valve tolerances.