View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 06:55 PM   #13

JHC, I got into it with the manager of CS today. I got a request from one of the CS drones yesterday to call a customer who wanted to know what the alternator voltage output was on his machine. I handled it because I know customer. But then I sent an email to the CS manager, Old Weird Harold, and the COO, basically saying,”Really? Your people couldn’t look this up?”

The response from Harold was that we are here to help. Harold doesn’t like to rock the boat. The COO so far has been silent. The CS manager, though, attaches a copy of the manual in a reply and challenges me to find that information in 173 pages.
Within two minutes, I listed six pages and one schematic with the information. I also replied that every one of these machines have been 24v since 1997. I think Harold was miffed, too, because he replied with a sales brochure that also lists the information.

The CS manager replied back that he had searched ‘alternator’ and got no hits. He also stated that if he had taken that call, he would not have searched through the 173 page manual for the answer and would have passed it on to the field guys.

That royally pissed me off. I think I found the source of a major problem. I am going to make sure that his email goes to every European manager in the company. I can’t trust the US ones to do more than scratch there asses.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts