View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 04:39 PM   #5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Welcome and congrats on the new bike.

My only suggestion would be to keep an eye on the fasteners during break in (especially critical ones like the brake caliper bolts, engine mount bolts, etc. ), and after 300-500 or so miles, make sure to check and adjust the spokes as they will have loosened some.
Thanks, man. Will do. Since you brought up the spokes, how are spoked motorcycle wheels? Rode some nice bicycles and to be honest never really got great at trueing wheels. I can keep them relatively true once set, but building those... things got irksome. One of the reasons I went with a dual sport is, I can kinda be rough on my things, maybe this will take it better than others. Knocked a lot of bicycle wheels off true by stressing the tolerances of light road bike wheels. Is trueing the wheel gonna need to be done on the reg? Spoke count seems great for the weight here, does one or two loose spokes ever point to problems? I know spokes that regular come loose should be replaced and if replacements have issues then check the wheel. Any new info helps.
One of the nice things about pedaling everywhere for 10+ years, I respect the fact that small problems with speed and weight added make for big problems.